Welcome to Langley Fine Arts School!
To provide a comprehensive education for students, while focusing on the development of aesthetic intelligence through programs in the Visual Arts, Literary Arts, Dance, Drama, and Music.
Langley Fine Arts School is a dynamic school community of K-12 learners who value the following:
- Providing equitable access to the school while expecting a high level of student commitment to learning, to achieving one’s potential, and to attaining high standards in all areas of the curriculum.
- Engaging in the processes of creating, presenting, and responding in the arts; and developing in students a firm foundation in the practices and principles of the individual arts disciplines.
- Exploring a curriculum in all the “multiple intelligences” (verbal/lingual, mathematical/logical, spatial, musical, kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, natural, and existential).
- Collaborating among the staff in order that the total curriculum is presented in an integrated and cohesive way while still honoring the skill development in the respective disciplines.
- Experiencing in the lower grades a broad array of the arts, and gradually working toward specializing in one of those arts in the upper grades.
- Ensuring that instruction takes a holistic approach to the creative and expressive development of the students, combining a search for significant artistic advancement with purposeful development of individual life skills.
- Offering an education that includes learning in, through, and about the arts.
- Ensuring that students will be well-prepared and competitive in the arts and their academics.
- Providing a stimulating and aesthetic school in which one is surrounded with exemplary arts examples and experiences.
- Providing an environment that allows students to express themselves with meaning while feeling safe, accepted, and loved.
- Fostering of the body, mind, and spirit.
- Responding collectively as a school to the global community.